Skip to main content
Dawid Lewandowski
Visual Designer
Asked a question 11 months ago

Hi, does anyone know if there is a smart-layout/auto-layout feature in UXPin? Nothing fancy, just button that will adjust its width to text's width that is inside said button. Thanks :)

Where am I?

In UXPin you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hi, does anyone know if there is a smart-layout/auto-layout feature in UXPin? Nothing fancy, just button that will adjust its width to text's width that is inside said button. Thanks :)

I guess we'll have some good updates for you guys soon 😀

Having something similar to Figma's auto layout would be hugely beneficial when creating components that might have different amounts of text for example.

Hi @David Ruiz35 I think it will be great to be able to change the size of the width base on the contents. I think at the moment other than the constraints for resizing. There's no other smart-layout, features.

Yes, you can create a button that auto re-sizes based on the text inside. 

It will not however resize once you turn it into a component, Im not sure why but its not super helpful if you need to make a design system component out of it. 

If you need icons or glyphs to move with the content, that cannot be done without using expressions. Its not an exact size, but you can write a simple expression that resizes the box based on the character count. LMK if you need any other tips, or help!

Related Questions

No related questions.

Question Stats

5 followers
Asked a question 11 months ago
Views this month